Adobe After Effects C6 was giving some incompatibility issues since I installed the the new update OS X Yosemite, for those who matter I just didn’t do the normal App store update, I did a clean install, i.e I formatted my hard drive installed Yosemite and then installed Adobe After Effects. You could face this issue even if you to the App Store update.
Adobe did release a patch for the issue, which did fix the issue and now after effects is opening fine. Other Adobe products like Photoshop and Premier did open fine will keep you posted here or on our forum if I run it to some issues.
Download the Latest After Effects CS6.0 (11.0.4) from the Adobe Website.
Official Adobe update:
We have tested the following versions of After Effects on Mac OSX v10.10 (Yosemite) and found that they function normally on this operating system, with only a few known issues as noted below:
- After Effects CC 2014 (13.0, 13.1, 13.1.1)
- After Effects CC (12.2.1)
- After Effects CS6 (11.0.4)
- We are aware of one issue regarding RAM preview in After Effects on Mac OSX v10.10: When a RAM preview begins to play, the first several frames of the video will not play the first time through; subsequent loops through the same RAM preview duration will play all frames.
- We are aware of one issue regarding RED (.r3d) files in After Effects CS6 on Mac OSX v10.10: RED files may not import, and if they do import they will stop displaying frames after a short time. This problem only appears in After Effects CS6; it does not happen in After Effects CC (12.x) or After Effects CC 2014 (13.x).
- We are aware of one issue regarding Adobe Media Encoder (AME) on Mac OSX v10.10: Adobe Media Encoder can take an unusually long time (a couple of minutes) to start the first time on this version of Mac OS. After the first start of AME, subsequent starts of AME should happen in the normal amount of time.
Other softwares that are still giving errors on Yosemite are Houdini and Nuke, you can check the update on these on our forum.