Here are some ways that you can backup your SMS to either your Gmail Account or the SD card, but first let us just give you a brief on the basics on how your Google Account is synchronized with your Android Phone , The synchronization with Google services itself is a backup tool, As soon as you will add any new contacts, e-mails or events to calendar, the synchronization starts. If you don’t have an internet connectivity immediately, then the synchronization will be done later. So using this, your basic data are backed up to the Gmail a Google Calendar.
Back up SMS in Android to SD-Card
Astro File manager is another useful app for your Android device. It is something like Total Commander for Windows or Midnight Commander for Linux. This great freeware file manager has a backup functionality too. It is able to backup your application to the SD card.
Click the Menu button on your Android Phone , select Tools and tap the Application manager/Backup option. The Astro will load the application list. Select one, more or all of the applications and click the Backup button. Your software will be copied to the SD card.
- SMS Backup & Restore (by Ritesh Sahu)
A simple App to backup and restore SMS Messages, useful when doing a factory reset or installing custom ROMs. The backup is stored in /sdcard/SMSBackupRestore folder by default.
- Backup SMS Messages in XML format.
- Choose a scheduled time to automatically backup everyday.
- Choose the name of the file to backup to.
- Option to add and XSL style sheet to the XML file, so that the file can be opened with a browser for viewing easily. Check the “Related Downloads“. Copy it in the same folder as the Backup XML file and then open the XML file in a browser like Internet Explorer or Firefox.
- Option to add the date in readable format.
- Backup format is independent of the Android version so the messages can be easily moved from one phone to another, irrespective of which version of Android it has. Tested with 1.5, 1.6, 2.01, 2.1, 2.2 and 2.3
- Option to select which conversations to backup.
- Option to choose the format for the auto-generated file name.
- Restore SMS Messages.
- Option to select the backup file to be restored from the folder.
- View Messages in the backup files.
- Delete all SMS Messages on the Phone.
- Email a backup file.
- Delete existing backup files.
- Option to delete old files automatically after specified number of days.
- SMS Backup & Restore (ByINFOLIFE LLC)
Handy and Simple!
One click to backup or restore your SMS!
1. How to backup my SMS?
Click the ‘Backup’button of dashboard,input the backup file’s name,press ‘OK’ then backup will be started.
2. How can I restore my SMS?
Click the ‘Restore’ button of dashboard,choose and click the backup file which you want restore from.
3. What is ‘Clear SMS’?
This function will delete all your SMS,please do it after backup.
Back Up Your SMS in Android to Gmail SMS Backup
How it Works?
These software will backup all of your Android phone SMS to the Gmail. At first, provide your username and password, then the software will inform you that the first backup needs to be initiated manually.Then you can set up Auto backup option. After you will log in to your Gmail account, you will see a new tag with SMS label.
Below are the Links to Some nice Free Apps the Perform the Functions named above.
SMS Backup – By Christoph Studer
SMS Backup + – By Jan Berkel
SMS Backup (Gmail) – By WooBoo
Backup To Email – By Lixia Xu
SMS backup – By AnSoft
sms2cal – By spanishcoders.com
SMS Backup & Restore – By Ritesh Sahu