Before we tell how to upgrade your phone, let’s see which HTC devices are getting the update in the near future.
List of HTC Devices Getting Android 4.0 Update
- DROID Incredible 2
- HTC Amaze 4G (21st May’12)
- HTC Desire S
- HTC Desire HD
- HTC EVO 3D
- HTC EVO Design 4G
- HTC Incredible S
- HTC Sensation
- HTC Sensation XL (Update Started in some Countries)
- HTC Sensation 4G (Update Started)
- HTC Sensation XE (Update Started in some Countries)
- HTC Raider
- HTC Rezound
- HTC Rhyme
- HTC Thunderbolt
- HTC Vivid (Update Started)
- HTC Velocity 4G (Update Started)
List of Feature Enhancements in HTC Phone’s Apart for ICS UI Changes.
- Android 4.0.3 / Software version 3.32.531.14710RD
- Approved 5/16/2012
- Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich)
- Sense 3.6
- System bar enhancements to easily view recent apps.
- Re-sizeable widgets
- Lock screen actions including pull down notifications and adjust volume while device is locked.
- Data usage controls.
- Face Unlock
- Home screen folders
- Improved battery life
- Improved text input and spell checking
- Improved menu structure
Do’s and Don’ts before upgrading you device to Android 4.0
- Device is running Android version 2.3.3 / Software version 1.50.531.1, 1.29.531.2, or 1.45.531.1
- Device software is not rooted
- More than 50% battery life
- Data or Wi-Fi connection (Wifi is recommended, 3G could be expensive and 2G while increase download time)
How to check for update on HTC Phone and then Upgrade it
- On the Home screen press the settings key (It’s the 4 line next to home icon at the bottom)
- Now select Settings
- Scroll down and select ‘About Phone’
- On The the top select ‘Software Updates’
- At the bottom there is a button called ‘Check Now’ tap it
- If there is no update it will tell you say there is an update proceed to the next step.
- Follow the Instructions your phone gives you and then let it do it’s thing. It will download and install the update then it will restart.
- After the restart enjoy it with some Ice Cream 😉