Finally the Jailbreak for iOS 5.1.1 has been released and the most happiest among every one are the iPhone 4S, iPad and the New iPad (iPad 3) users as they had to wait the most for this jailbreak.
The Jailbreak has been introduced by the Chronic Dev Team’s Absinthe tool who were also the first to provide the Jailbreak for iOS 5.0.1. The best part of this jailbreak tool is (apart from the fact it can jailbreak) that the interface is very simplistic as simple as clicking a button.
Caution: Thinks you need to Know/do before you Jaibreak
- Back up all your stuff through iTunes or iCloud
- If your device needs Unlock/ is not Factory unlocked then DO Not Upgrade to iOS 5.1.1
- If you have any pass-code enabled remove it
List of Compatible devices for iOS 5.1.1 Untether Jailbreak:
- iPhone 4S
- iPhone 4
- iPhone 3GS
- iPad (3rd Gen)
- iPad 2
- iPad 1
- iPod touch 3G/4G
- Apple TV (2nd Gen)
Step by Step guide on how to Jailbreak using Absinthe 2.0.1
- Upgrade you device to iOS 5.1.1 using iTunes
- Download Absinthe 2.0.1
- for Mac
- for Windows
- Extract the ZIP file to your favorite folder preferable on the desktop so that you can do it easily.
- Connect your iPhone using the Data Cable
- Launch the Absinthe file that you extracted and if you connected the device correctly the jailbreak button should be active , Press it!
- Your device will go through the jailbreak process so let it happen and don’t panic if you something other than the Apple logo it’s all normal.
- Your iOS device will then finally restart and you should see the Cydia icon on the Home Screen tap it, if it shows any availabe updates then update else you are all done 🙂