Samsung has begun rolling out Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich update for two of it’s devices Samsung Galaxy S 2 and Galaxy Note in many countries (Including India). Samsung usually doesn’t give out firmware updates Over The Air (OTA) like other Android developers, it gives out update through their software called Samsung Kies.
Steps to Check for update and Upgrade (if Available) to Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich on your Samsung Device
- Download and Install Samsung Kies Software on your computer (Download forPC& forMac)
- Open Kies and then connect your Phone / Tablet using the data cable to your computer.
- After you connect your device you will see your device show on the left after Kies recognizes it, click on it
- You should see a Pop up on your screen telling you that your device has an update, click update!
- If you don’t see an update don’t worry, on the Right side under the device info it will say your device is ready for an firmware update click on Firmware update.
- Kies will then first download the update then install on your device, during installation your phone/ tablet will restart one or two times so don’t panic that is normal and at any point during the installation DO NOT TAKE OUT THE DATA CABLE.
- When the installation is done take out the Data cable and then connect it back to your device, it will will show what firmware you have on your device.
- Have fun exploring the new UI and the best way to do that is with an Ice Cream 😉