It is Official, HTC EVO 3D is hitting the shelves this July and it has been by the HTC on their facebook pages for respective countries like France, Italy, UK, Russia etc.
So if you buy this powerful 3D phone from the Europe you can use it in India or any other country that support the same bandwidth as it is a GSM unlocked phone and you can use any Sim card in it.
Here is what users have said about the different aspects of the HTC EVO 3D yet…
CPU: Qualcomm dual core MSM8660. Launching an app from scratch is almost like resuming it. Everything from maps, website loading, zoom, search, all instantaneous.
GPU: Awesome Adreno 220 graphics. Blazes through the any the game available on Android market. HTC makes it a point to show off the 3D prowess of the phone on every screen. The graphics on Sense UI are a bit over the top and more jazz than utility, but feels good to see the GPU flexing its muscles.
Display: The 540×960 screen is a delight. Colors are brilliant and the display works remarkably well under sunlight. The colors do tend to washout if you look at the screen from an angle, but who cares. I just love the high resolution, websites look great on a larger screen. This is one of the few Android phones with a 24 bit True-Color displays.
3D: Jaw dropping. Very few things in the tech world amaze me beyond expectations. This is one of them. Playing a stereoscopic enabled game, or watching a move, or browsing through photos is a visual treat. There is something very real about watching characters in a movie in stereo, the scene seems to be playing in front of you in real.
There is one movie (Green hornet) and one game (Spiderman 3D) bundled with the phone which are great. Stereoscopic content is hard to find on the web. Search for 3D on youtube some of them are awesome. You can also watch all the 3D content you shoot yourself.
3D Camera: The camera resolution is only 5MP in 2D mode, and 2MP in 3D mode. I’m not a big fan of resolution after a lot of 8MP and 12MP disappointments on phones in the market. The depth in 3D photos and video is really good. I’m still to take it out on a good trip and give it a proper test. But so far I’ve been very impressed with the results indoors.
Build quality:The device feels very good in hand. The Torture-resistant gorilla glass from corning is very reassuring, no need to buy any screen protectors. The back and sides are rubberized plastic allowing for a very firm grip, this is important as it reduces the probability of dropping it. The two stage camera button, volume rocker, power button have a nice click to them. The screen is a bit too sensitive, it recognized touch from half millimeter away, hopefully HTC will fix it with a software update.
Battery life: To be tested. I will update after 2 days of usage.
This is a solidly built phone with very powerful Processor and GPU. The only more powerful device than this in the market is the Samsung Galaxy S II. But this device wins my heart because of the high resolution display (SGS II has 480×800).
Android experience is especially great with a fast processor, Sense UI can be ignored for those who don’t like it. Some important apps like Netflix and Hulu are not yet available for this device, I’m hopeful that will change. I’m getting a better highscore on all my games purely because of the butter smooth frame-rate.
||MSM8660 (1.2 GHz Dual Core processor) + SQN1210 (WiMAX)
||Android™ 2.3 with HTC Sense™
||4GB eMMC / RAM 1GB
||4.3″ inch Super LCD 540×960 QHD resolution 3D display
||3D Capture and playback for photos and videos; display downloaded content formatted in 3D; stream 3D content wirelessly to 3D TV
- Two 5.0 megapixel cameras, which can be used to capture both high-quality conventional and stunning 3D images and videos
- 1.3 megapixel front-facing camera
- 1.2 GHz dual-core processor
- Brilliant 4.3-inch QHD 3D screen
- Preloaded with Android™ 2.3 (“Gingerbread”)
- HTC Sense,™ the award-winning user experience that takes social networking, navigation and customization to new levels
- 1730 mAh lithium-ion battery
- 3G/4G speed and Wi-Fi—capable
- Mobile hotspot capability for up to eight Wi-Fi—enabled devices
- GPS Navigation
- Stereo Bluetooth® wireless technology
- microSD™ Card slot, 32-GB-capable
- 4 GB internal memory and 1 GB RAM
- Media player with 3.5 mm headset jack and micro USB
- Proximity, G-Sensor and light sensors
- Digital compass
- Built-in FM radio
- Live video sharing with Qik
- Download, view, edit and share HD-quality content from your phone
- HDMI-out via USB and DLNA
- World-class HTML browsing experience with the bandwidth and quality that rivals that of netbooks
- HD video capture at 720p and playback up to 1080p
- Personal and business email, IM and text message
- Social-networking integration with Facebook, ® Twitter,™ Flickr® and more
- Sprint apps including Sprint TV,® Sprint Football Live and NASCAR Sprint Cup Mobile℠
- Visual Voicemail
- Google™ Mobile™ services including YouTube™, Gmail,™Google Talk,™ Google Voice,™ Google Maps™ and more
- Android Market,™ with access to more than 150,000 apps