The famous Chronic Development Team, and supported by the conjoined efforts of Pod2g and the iPhone Dev Team have finally Developed ‘Absinthe’ that has the ability to unlock you iOS 5 device with A5 chip that is iPhone 4S and iPad 2
Stuff Required to Start your Jailbreak
- iPhone 4S or iPad 2 running iOS 5.0 or iOS 5.1
- Download,unzip and Install Absinthe For mac, For Windows, For Linux
- Data Cable
- WiFi connection
Important Points before you Jailbreak
- If you waiting for a Software unlock of your iOS 5 device then DO NOT upgrade to iOS 5.0.1 stay on iOS 5.0 as the software unlock that is due in few week will be released for iOS 5.0 and will not be Compatible with iOS 5.0.1 hence DO NOT upgrade to iOS 5.0.1 if you want to unlock your iPhone
- If you own a Factory unlocked iOS device or you do not need an unlock to use your device the upgrade to iOS 5.0.1 with iTunes
- Back up all your data on the phone to your computer or to iCloud
- Disable all/any password you use to lock your device.
- Charge your device to full battery before you begin.
- You may face some small bugs and errors here and there on your device after Jailbreak, as this is the first release of Absinthe. If you face any such errors post in the comments section below we will guide you in fixing those errors.
- If you get stuck or need any kind of help post in the comments section below we will definitely help you.
Steps to Jailbreak iOS 5 on iPhone 4S and iPad 2
- Open Absinthe on your Comput
- Connect your iPhone 4S or iPad 2 to your computer
- An Absinthe icon will appear along with the apps on your iOS device. Like in the Imaged Below
- Setup up the WiFi connection your device.
- Open the Absinthe App on your iOS device. The Absinthe App will start to download and install the Jailbreak data on your device and then reboot it. Do not touch device till the time it reboots itself. If you face any problems while connecting Absinthe be patient as their server might be slow due to heavy traffic of downloaders.
- When your device Reboots you will see the Cydia icon which means your device is jailbroken. If Cydia gives a message that it wants to install any updates, let it the first time after that it’s your choice.
Update: Fix “error establishing a database connection”: Go to Settings > VPN > On.
The VPN connection will give an error and your iPhone 4S or iPad 2 should reboot shortly
That’s it, you have jailbroken your device. If you need any further assistance post in the comments below.
So, what will be the first thing you will do after you jailbreak your device?