Yesterday we told you how you can jailbreak your iOS device if you have a Apple Mac OS X based computer here. Today we are going to tell you how you can Jailbreak you A5 Device (iPhone 4S or iPad 2) if you have a Windows based Computer.
The iPhone Dev Team had also produced a powerful Command Line Interface tool (CLI) which was primarily designed to assist users with debugging and troubleshooting, but can also be used to perform the full jailbreak process.
If you have a Apple Computer then Click here for one click method to jailbreak your iPhone/ iPad 2. If you have a iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPod 3rd Gen, iPod 4th gen or iPad 1 click here to view our step by step guide with Video.
Requirement For iPhone 4S/ iPad 2 Jailbreak
- iPhone 4S running 5.0, 5.0.1 or iPad 2 WiFi/GSM/CDMA running iOS 5.0.1 that you want jailbroken
- Download the CLI tool from here here
- A Computer running Windows XP or above
- The latest version of iTunes installed on your computer
- Data Cable
Points to Remember Before you Jailbreak
- If you waiting for a Software unlock of your iOS 5 device then DO NOT upgrade to iOS 5.0.1 stay on iOS 5.0 as the software unlock that is due in few week will be released for iOS 5.0 and will not be Compatible with iOS 5.0.1 hence DO NOT upgrade to iOS 5.0.1 if you want to unlock your iPhone
- If you own a Factory unlocked iOS device or you do not need an unlock to use your device the upgrade to iOS 5.0.1 with iTunes
- Back up all your data on the phone to your computer or to iCloud
- Disable all/any password you use to lock your device.
- Charge your device to full battery before you begin.
- You may face some small bugs and errors here and there on your device after Jailbreak, as this is the first release of Absinthe. If you face any such errors post in the comments section below we will guide you in fixing those errors.
- If you get stuck or need any kind of help post in the comments section below we will definitely help you.
Step to Jailbreak iPhone 4S/ iPad 2
- After you have downloaded the File to link we gave you in the Requirements above you will find a file named ‘cinject_0.4.3.zip’. Open that file up and extract the ‘cinject_0.4.3′ folder from within to your Desktop.
- Connect your iPhone 4S or iPad 2 to your computer using the Data cable
- Windows Vist and 7 users Open Start and Search for Command Prompt or cmd.exe and right click on it and click run as Adminstrator. Windows XP, Vista & 7 users can also go to Start > Run > Type cmd.exe and press enter.
- You will need to access the ‘cinject_0.4.3’ folder from Command Prompt, if you have placed the extracted folder on the Desktop type ‘cd Desktop/cinject_0.4.3′ in that command prompt window and press enter.
- Now Type ‘cinject –i payloads/jailbreak.mobileconfig’ in Command Prompt and Press Enter
- Your screen will appear like you see in the image, above. Press Install, then tap next when it asks for VPN password and then click done.
- Now Type ‘cinject.exe -j payloads‘ in the Command Prompt window and press enter
- After it Completes Type ‘cinject.exe -w‘ and press enter.
- On your iPhone 4S or iPad 2 go to Settings > General > Network, scroll down and go into VPN and toggle it ON. You should see ‘A configuration error occurred’ message, dismiss it by pressing OK. Let it do its thing, don’t be alarmed, at this point you’ll see an Apple logo on the screen and your device will reboot.
- An Absinthe icon will appear along with the apps on your iOS device. Like in the Imaged Below
- Setup up the WiFi connection your device.
- Open the Absinthe App on your iOS device. The Absinthe App will start to download and install the Jailbreak data on your device and then reboot it. Do not touch device till the time it reboots itself. If you face any problems while connecting Absinthe be patient as their server might be slow due to heavy traffic of downloaders.
- When your device Reboots you will see the Cydia icon which means your device is jailbroken. If Cydia gives a message that it wants to install any updates, let it the first time after that it’s your choice.
If you have a Apple Computer then Click here for one click method to jailbreak your iPhone/ iPad 2. If you have a iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPod 3rd Gen, iPod 4th gen or iPad 1 click here to view our step by step guide
That’s it, you have jailbroken your device. If you need any further assistance post in the comments below.
So, what will be the first thing you will do after you jailbreak your device?