A Galaxy S 3 owner from Dublin, Ireland recently posted pictures of his Samsung Galaxy S3 device caught fire and EXPLODED while it was mounted in his Car.
Here is what he posted when the incident happened,
So I driving along today with my Galaxy S3 in my car mount when suddenly a white flame, sparks and a bang came out of the phone.
I pulled in to look at my phone, the phone burned from the inside out. Burned through the plastic and melted my case to my phone. The phone kept working but without any signal.
I brought it to the Carphone warehouse and they told me that they couldn’t replace it for me that they had to send it off to be checked out first. No even replacement phone, left with nothing.
The phone was destroyed and it slightly burned a piece of plastic on the inside of my car.
And they are refusing to give me a replacement they had to send it off. Probably nothing I can do, but Im really annoyed. That could have burned the side of my face or through my pocket and my leg, or set fire to my bed. Its very dangerous.
It seems he blames the device for the fire and every thing right now.
Samsung customer services contacted him and replaced the phone and even gave him some other free stuff, here’s what he posted later on,
After receiving no help from the Carphone Warehouse. Samsung contacted me, the head of customer services came out to see me and gave me a replacement phone. Even said he would send me out some free stuff.
There is no confirmation that it was a fault with the phone. It may actually have been caused by a combination of my car mount and my cars heating system.
Just delighted to have my Galaxy back
He No longer blames Samsung, and if it wasn’t their fault, why would they replace the phone and give him other free stuff.
It is not the First time Samsung Galaxy has been in the highlights for stuff exploding,in March a Korean school boy reported that the battery of his Samsung Galaxy S II exploded in his Pocket. Samsung Said it was due to Massive Pressure or Force.
Heating is normal in electronic devices under heavy use, couple of months ago a report came where user claimed that the New iPad heats up more than the previous Generation iPads (and no it did not explode).