Toshiba announces the introduction of new AC100 Mobile Internet Device running on Google Android in India. Toshiba AC100 supports Nvidia Tegra 250 System-on-Chip that works on Android 2.1 with 10.1-inch display. Earlier in January 2010, Toshiba had debuted AC100 at the Consumer Electronics Show. The Laptop will be available at all leading electronic and computer outlets in India for $417.
Features of Toshiba AC100 include:
- Tegra 250 (Tegra 2) architecture with dual-core ARM Core A9 architecture System-on-Chip, running up to 1GHz with eight independent processors.
- Supports 1080p HD encode-decode and Flash 10.1 hardware acceleration with the Tegra 250 chip.
- 10.1-inch Clear SuperView display with LED backlight and supports 1024×600 pixel resolution.
- 512MB DDR2 333MHz RAM
- 8GB Flash storage.
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n connectivity and Bluetooth 2.1+EDR support
- 1.3- megapixel webcam
- Audio-Mic combo port, SD & MMC card reader and HDMI Port for HD Display
Toshiba has put in Home Menu and a customizable desktop with widgets and shortcuts on it. We hope the laptop is Froyo friendly as well.